24 August 2017

My GCSE results 2017 + FREE GCSE gift of your choice


Hey everyone!

For those of you who don't know, today is GCSE results day for those of us in the UK, which means I got the results I have been working towards for years!!!

I wanted to open results with my mum, but I opened them at school in the end, which ended up being very exciting as I got one of the best results in my school and got my photos taken with my boyfriend and one of my friends

Opening my results

It was a special year as our exams officer is someone I know quite well as she is my friends mum so it was nice when she took these photos of us. It was a really great experience!

The above video is a vlog of today found on my YouTube channel. In summary, I did very well and I am ecstatic! I got two 8s, a 9, 2A*s, 3As and a B.

For those of you who don't know, this is the rough conversion of old system grades to new system grades:

9 - high A*
8- A*
7- A
6 - B
5 - Strong C
4 - Standard pass
3
2
1
I am very pleased with my results. There were a few surprises such as an A* in the physics paper that I was sure I would get a C in, a D in the controlled assessment I was told would be an A* and an 8 in Maths which seemed impossible considering I was getting sixes a few months ago! 

My GCSEs have been an incredible experience. I have discovered a lot about myself and my work ethic, as well as what is really important to me.  I discovered strength in myself that I did know that I had - enough to work continuously for weeks to get the results I wanted. I discovered that I really love school and I never want to give up learning or academia. I discovered that I am capable of achieving things that some people never thought I was capable of. I worked my arse off and I am so glad I did because I got the results that I really wanted. 
 I worked really hard to get my results and I hope to give advice to the next set of GCSE students who are about to face the hardest exams 16 year olds have taken in a long time!

I don't think there's anything else I can say other than good luck next year. Please subscribe to my mailing list for reminders to my blog posts which will give advice and help to those of you who need it. 
If I can get these results, I guarantee that you can too.


// Jeani

My GCSE gifts:







Opt in for FREE GCSE gift




2 comments:

  1. Really nice post!xx
    Have a great week!

    Vildana from Living Like V & Stalia Is BAE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, super happy for you!! You really must have put so much work into improving your grades...especially for physics when you thought you'd only get a C or a D!
    Congrats on your achievements after your hard work!! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog - I'm having trouble at the moment with replying to comments but I would like you to know that I really appreciate your comment and would love to have a discussion with you elsewhere about this blog post!

Thank you // Jeani