6 February 2017

Lost chances // poem // Verbal Spill

A never-changing photograph
Tinted so lightly with colour
But mostly monotonous gray scale
Like the crease of an old crumpled dollar

Change brought excitement and hope
My life was moving so quickly
I refused to be one who chose to mope
Then plans were painted over so thickly

Bubbling joy and suppressed excitement
Just going for the ride and the chance
But a single second of experience
Made my heart want to grapple for more than one glance

Daydreaming and thinking
Suddenly I want nothing more
How can only a week have gone by?
When it seems like years have passed over my door

I told myself I would not take the blow too hard
I guess truth be told I always knew it was coming
Yet disappointment sits lodged in my heart
The image is gone of what life was becoming

I try to convince myself of the positives
I always knew the situation seemed strange
All I can do now is accept the obvious
Life will go on as if nothing has changed.

// Jeani


3 comments:

  1. Love your poetry! I would love to read more for sure - I love when people post posts like this, purely because I don't think I'd be able to share my poetry so publicly! x

    - Eternalleigh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love this poem! You're such a talented writer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow so beautiful! I love your writing :)

    New GFC follower :)

    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog - I'm having trouble at the moment with replying to comments but I would like you to know that I really appreciate your comment and would love to have a discussion with you elsewhere about this blog post!

Thank you // Jeani