14 September 2016

Humming bird // poem

The yellow glow of summer
Like de-ja vu it flashes by
winter chills, a distant drummer
Seem far away although time flies

One love is caught, I hold it
Like a bird i feel its thrumming heart
But other heart beats drown it
I watch the others swoop and dart

Curiosity warms my lips 
as bright colours grab my attention
Security is a futile script
Until love is loudly mentioned

Bodies heat like boiling water
How can pain be felt so internally
I close my eyes and shake my head
As I remember what's mine eternally

// Jeani



1 comment:

Thank you for commenting on my blog - I'm having trouble at the moment with replying to comments but I would like you to know that I really appreciate your comment and would love to have a discussion with you elsewhere about this blog post!

Thank you // Jeani