15 August 2016

I am my protagonist // Verbal Spill

Trying to find who you are and be a good person is really hard, because you have to be true to yourself and put yourself first, but you also have to try and not hurt others, which is hard sometimes.

In my life, I am obviously the Protagonist - I will always see myself as the victim, as the one who did good, the one who is trying to do the right thing. In movies, the antagonist always has bad intentions and is essentially an evil character, but in life these people don't exist. The people we fall out with, who hurt you, who do bad things, aren't bad people. They're just people who make mistakes sometimes and are trying to figure themselves out and trying to be good people but also put themselves first. There are no good and bad people, not one person can be pinned down to just one of those simplistic labels because we are extremely complex beings. Sometimes, you will be the 'antagonist' in someone else's story for a while and they will assume that the thing you did was done with terrible intentions and that your only purpose in life is to hurt them and make them unhappy. You will probably see them the same way. In their life and their story they are the protagonist and they believe that they are the victim and they will therefore see you as an intentional villain, because that's how it works in stories. You just have to remember that they are hurting too, they're not evil and in their eyes they are doing the right thing.

In reality, there isn't an author deciding where your life is going to take you today, you make that decision. You decide whether you want to see someone as the antagonist, because in reality nobody plans to make people good or bad, nobody is trying to do a bad thing. You just have to decide whether or not someone is bringing happiness to your life and, similarly, you get to decide whether you bring happiness to someone else's life.

 The best part about life is:  if something goes wrong, if you hurt someone, if you fall out with someone, if you mess up, you get to try again. and again. and again // Jeani



10 comments:

  1. Such an interesting post! Very well written,
    Beth X
    bethanigail.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely blog! Thanks for visitng mine, I'm following you now and I hope you'll follow me back on the both of my blogs! :) xoxo

    Vildana from Living Like V & Stalia Is BAE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for visiting me back! Of course!!! xxx

      Delete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog, I'm following you now #7.

    xx
    http://www.thestylefanatic.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for following me!!! That really means a lot :)

      Delete
  4. Just read this post, lovely write up. Love the last part ''if something goes wrong, if you hurt someone, if you fall out with someone, if you mess up, you get to try again. and again. and again''
    Great Post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so glad you liked my post!! It really means a lot that you're actually reading my blog, thank you so so so much! Xxxx

      Delete
  5. Cool ♥ I'm following you now #11.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog - I'm having trouble at the moment with replying to comments but I would like you to know that I really appreciate your comment and would love to have a discussion with you elsewhere about this blog post!

Thank you // Jeani