13 July 2016

I love myself // poem

“I love myself” my head decided
A grin lingering on my teeth
“I love myself” I whispered to
The girl on the next seat
“You love yourself?” She gasped
Horror plastered on her pupils
“I love myself” I confirmed with pride
Unaware this was unusual

“She loves herself” the word had spread
They slowly backed away
“How could someone dare to love?”
“Why is she not ashamed?”

“I hate myself” I tried it out
I taste the words on my tongue
“I hate myself” I said aloud
Then they sing the song I sung
“You hate yourself? We welcome you to
Join in our society
It isn’t pleasant, by any means;
We bathe in your anxiety”

“I hate myself” I began to doubt
The morals of this movement
The language they speak of jealousy
I refuse to speak it fluent

So “I love myself” returns once more
But I now understand
They hate the world; they hate themselves
So I must be also damned
But I will stand alone in this
If that is what it takes
To acknowledge that we’re in a mess

For love to replace hate


4 comments:

  1. Thank you for such a lovely comment on my blog! I love your blog too and I will go and follow it now! This poem was lovely and so interesting to read! Great post! X

    Amyx Makeupwithmissa.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for following my blog!!! You are very welcome for the comment, you have a wonderful blog! I'm very glad you like the poem :) Thanks again, Jeani xxx

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful post! Loved this and can't wait to read more on your blog. Do you want to follow each other via bloglovin'? xx
    Morgan | www.justmorgs.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!!!

      Well, I don't actually really use bloglovin but I'll make sure to follow your blog through that - in return could you hit the 'join this site' button on my blog which is under 'followers'? I would really appreciate it xxxx

      Delete

Thank you for commenting on my blog - I'm having trouble at the moment with replying to comments but I would like you to know that I really appreciate your comment and would love to have a discussion with you elsewhere about this blog post!

Thank you // Jeani