27 February 2016

Why I want to dump my old style and turn to Bohemian clothing

There is a lot in the media currently, and has been for over 100 years, that encourages young girls, women and men to hate their bodies and to be this false idea of perfection. There is a certain way that everyone must dress, and even though we are told to 'be ourselves' and 'find our own style', we still must choose our styles from the ones that society deems appropriate or cool.

My wardrobe used to be completely about me, admittedly, it was a little ridiculous at times and didn't always look very good, but it made me stand out and that was always my main goal.  As I have got older, my style looks better and I take more pride than ever in the clothes that I wear, but when I go into school on a non-uniform day, I realise that I look the same as everyone else, and that's not what I stand for.

Recently on pinterest I have been exploring new styles and one that really stood out to me is bohemian fashion. I love the way it's totally free, the clothes tend to be very colourful and cultural to many different countries around the world. I really like that these clothes have stories and I would wear them to represent my happiness and spirit.

When I first saw this look on pinterest I fell in love instantly, this was the picture which really inspired me to start getting into boho fashion. I love the the baggy trousers hang on the hips and I have never seen a top like the one she's wearing before and I love it! I love the lilac, I like the way it clings and I love it with the green necklaces. 


 Vanessa Hudgens is a huge style icon of mine at the moment, she wears a lot of boho clothes like the outfit pictures here. This particular outfit reminds me of the clothes that my singing teacher wears, who really inspires me, so I really like it.
 This outfit pictured above is more mainstream than the other photographs here, which I like because I could probably work it into my wardrobe easier. I will start with clothes like these to slowly ease myself into the style.


I'm a little scared to transform my wardrobe into this style; it's very different to what I would usually wear and it's obviously going to cost me a lot of money and time that I don't really have. Furthermore, I'm not sure where to even buy these clothes in the UK, places like Topshop and New Look where I usually buy my clothes don't have a huge amount of clothes in this style. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Ellie xxx

14 comments:

  1. Love your blog! These looks remind me of back home in San Francisco! I say go with your gut and dress however makes you happy!

    Chelsea
    Chow Down USA
    Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really means a lot to me that you've commented on my blog, thank you! I think I'm going to dress in a way that makes me happiest from now on ☺️

      Delete
  2. Definitely dress for you, if boho is that then go for it! I agree that Vanessa is such a babe xx www.britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for commenting! I think I am gonna go for it! Thank you! Xxxx

      Delete
  3. That is what is termed as style, that's a style statement for me. From retro to future. And absolutely take pride in what you wear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's a really inspirational quote :)

      Delete
  4. Bohemian fashion looks so lovely, I've had many affairs with it haha, from layering different textures and colours! The effect is really vivid and beautiful :D I've kind of moved on to mori style, which means long, flowy, nature inspired pieces but the ethnic patterns look so beautiful and exotic here :D xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara | (doing follow for follow on bloglovin or instagram)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mori style sounds beautiful! Thank you for commenting on my blog!!! I will definitely try layering different colours and textures!!! xx

      Delete
  5. Love your blog! Bohemian style would look good on you for sure :)

    Angelie // Sleek Makeup Base Duo Kit Review

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!!!! I'm glad you like my blog! :)

      Delete
  6. I love the bohemian style, too. I think it adds an air of natural grace. :)

    http://www.sydneyandstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi everyone, I'm so excited.
    My ex-boyfriend is back after a breakup,I’m extremely happy that will are living together again.
    My name is Mary Wilkie from England.
    My boyfriend of a 4yr just broke up with me and am 30 weeks pregnant.I have cried my self to sleep most of the nights and don’t seem to concentrate during lectures sometimes I stay awake almost all night thinking about him and start to cry all over again.Because of this I end up not having energy for my next day’s classes ,my attendance has dropped and am always in uni and on time.Generally he is a very nice guy ,he ended it because he said we were arguing a lot and not getting along.He is right we’ve been arguing during the pregnancy a lot .After the break up I kept ringing him and telling him I will change.I am in love with this guy and he is the best guy I have ever been with.I’m still hurt and in disbelief when he said he didn’t have any romantic feelings towards me anymore that hurt me faster than a lethal syringe.He texts me now and then mainly to check up on how am doing with the pregnancy,he is supportive with it but it’s not fair on me, him texting me as I just want to grieve the pain and not have any stress due to the pregnancy.i was really upset and i needed help, so i searched for help online and I came across a website that suggested that Dr Unity can help solve marital problems, restore broken relationships and so on. So, I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and he told me what to do and i did it then he did a spell for me. 28 hours later, my bf came to me and apologized for the wrongs he did and promise never to do it again. Ever since then, everything has returned back to normal. I and my bf are living together happily again.. All thanks to Dr Unity. If you have any problem contact Dr.Unity now and i guarantee you that he will help you.Email him at: Unityspelltemple@gmail.com ,you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348071622464 ,His website: http://unityspelltemple.yolasite.com .

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog - I'm having trouble at the moment with replying to comments but I would like you to know that I really appreciate your comment and would love to have a discussion with you elsewhere about this blog post!

Thank you // Jeani